Shahril Ridza Ridzuan - Foto

KUALA LUMPUR — Shahril Ridza Ridzuan is the new independent non-executive chairman of Iskandar Waterfront Holdings Group (IWH).

The former CEO of the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) begins his tenure today, according to a statement issued by the company this morning.

Upon his departure from EPF in August 2018, Shahril was appointed managing director of Khazanah Nasional, a position he held until Aug 19, last year, reports FMT.

He is currently also the independent non-executive chairman at Axiata Group Bhd, a non-executive director at Malaysia Airlines and the Malaysia Aviation Group Bhd where he chairs the board nomination and remuneration committee.

IWH is the master developer of the 4,700-acre Johor waterfront project.

“I welcome this opportunity to contribute and look forward to working with the Board and management to unlock new growth opportunities for the IWH group”, Shahril said of his appointment.

The Johor government owns 37% of the company through Kumpulan Prasarana Rakyat Johor. The remaining 63% is own by Credence Resource Sdn Bhd, a company controlled by Lim Kang Hoo.

Lim currently serves as executive vice-chairman at IWH. — BebasNews

Leave a Reply